Online Diploma in Economics
- Understand the Market System, supply, demand, and prices.
- Study elasticity, market failures, production & costs, and Market Structure, either Perfect Competition or Monopoly.
- Discover the functions of money, banking, and the financial system. Learn how GDP and economic growth can be measured.
- Get a better idea about the types of unemployment and how it is measured.
- Learn about the various measures of inflation, and Income Distribution & Poverty.
- Study International Finance and Fiscal policy
- You will be graded on an assignment that you can complete at your leisure in order to gain your certificate.
- Module 01: An Introduction to Economics
Economics is the father of dismal science. It studies the production, distribution and consumption of goods and services. In this module, we will introduce you to the basic concepts of economics that everybody should know.
- Module 02: The Market System and the Circular Flow Model
The market system is the central concept in economic discussions. This module will introduce you to the components of the market system.
- Module 03: Supply, Demand and Prices
This module will discuss the theory of supply and demand and how they determine the price of a good.
- Module 04: Prices
To most people, a price is a number with a pound sign in front of it, such as £10. But the price is much more than that. This module will discuss the characteristics of price and its various functions.
- Module 05: Elasticity
Elasticity is an important concept in the discussion of economics. This module will discuss different types of elasticities and their impacts on the market.
- Module 06: Market Failures
In some circumstances, economically desirable goods are not produced at all. In other situations, they are either overproduced or underproduced. This module focuses on these situations, which economists refer to as market failures.
- Module 07: Production and Costs
Our lives are constantly intermingled with business firms, as buyers of goods and as sellers of our labour services. In this module, you will learn how firms make production decisions and different cost concepts.
- Module 08: Market Structure: Perfect Competition vs Monopoly
Market structure is the environment whose characteristics influence a firm’s pricing and output decisions. In this module, you will learn about the different types of market structure and how price influences production decisions.
- Module 09: Money, Banking and the Financial System
Knowledge about money and the financial system is crucial in understanding the economy. This module will discuss the functions of money, banking, and the financial system.
- Module 10: Measuring GDP and Economic Growth
Economic growth is an increase in an economy’s production of goods and services. This module will discuss how GDP and economic growth can be measured.
- Module 11: Unemployment
Unemployment is a major topic in most economic discussions. This module will help you get a better idea about the types of unemployment and how it is measured.
- Module 12: Inflation
Inflation is a general and ongoing rise in the level of prices in an entire economy. This module will introduce you to various measures of inflation.
- Module 13: Income Distribution and Poverty
Poverty and inequality is a pressing issue in contemporary economic discussion. This is one of the biggest challenges our world is facing today. This module will help you learn about the different measures of income inequality.
- Module 14: International Finance
A British tourist in India might want to buy a good priced in Indian Rupees and to know what the good costs in pound sterling. This module will help you get the answer.
- Module 15: Fiscal Policy
The fiscal policy consists of changes in government expenditures and/or taxes to achieve economic goals, such as low unemployment, stable prices, and economic growth. This module will discuss different fiscal policy instruments.
|Module 01: An Introduction to Economics|
|An Introduction to Economics||00:24:00|
|Module 02: The Market System and the Circular Flow Model|
|The Market System and the Circular Flow Model||00:18:00|
|Module 03: Supply, Demand and Prices|
|Supply, Demand and Prices||00:30:00|
|Module 04: Prices|
|Module 05: Elasticity|
|Module 06: Market Failures|
|Module 07: Production and Costs|
|Production and Costs||00:23:00|
|Module 08: Market Structure: Perfect Competition vs Monopoly|
|Market Structure: Perfect Competition vs Monopoly||00:23:00|
|Module 09: Money, Banking and the Financial System|
|Money, Banking and the Financial System||00:26:00|
|Module 10: Measuring GDP and Economic Growth|
|Measuring GDP and Economic Growth||00:25:00|
|Module 11: Unemployment|
|Module 12: Inflation|
|Module 13: Income Distribution and Poverty|
|Income Distribution and Poverty||00:12:00|
|Module 14: International Finance|
|Module 15: Fiscal Policy|