Online Sports Nutrition Course
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Nutritionist.
- Gain a full comprehension of the requirements of a healthy digestive system.
- Learn the types of nutrients that provide energy and stamina for strenuous activity.
- Ensure you can formulate a healthy diet that will enhance physical activity.
- Be prepared to deal with issues around weight and fitness. Know appropriate types of weight control methods and routines.
- Enhance an athlete’s actions on the day of competition with the right diet, both before and after the activity.
- Acquire the knowledge to guide athletes in restoring nutrients after strenuous activity.
- You will be graded on an assignment that you can complete at your leisure to gain your certificate.
- Module 01: Introduction to Nutrition
In this module, you are going to be introduced to the principles of nutrition such as definitions of nutrition, the importance of nutrition, what we eat, diet components, and dietary patterns in the UK.
- Module 02: The Role of the Nutritionist
Nutritionists have a role as a health specialist, and expert in food, diet, nutrition, and the diseases related to those things. Nutritionists are invaluable in helping people maintain healthy lifestyles.
- Module 03: The Digestive System
This module will explain the workings and functions of the human digestive system and how it deals with solids and fluids.
- Module 04: Nutrients for Life – Macronutrients
Diets are composed of two types of nutrients, macronutrients, and micronutrients. There are three main types of macronutrients: proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
- Module 05: Nutrients for Life – Micronutrients
Micronutrients are made up of Vitamins, Minerals and Trace Elements. These are nutrients that function as coenzymes or cofactors, vital to keep the metabolic functions of our body working.
- Module 06: Nutrition Requirements for Adults and Various Groups
In this module, we are going to be looking at the importance of diets in adults, how nutritional imbalances can lead to disease, and the changes in the diet one might need to make to keep up a balanced diet while respecting religious praxis.
- Module 07: Healthy Dieting
In this module, we will be looking at which foods to choose, in what amount, and how to plan a diet that is varied and healthy, in order to maintain a healthy diet.
- Module 08: Weight Control Management
In this module, we are going to look at how to manage weight, and lifestyle elements, calorie intake amounts, and dietary balances that help control weight and remain healthy.
- Module 09: Weight Loss Management
In this module, we will look more closely into the science and psychology behind weight loss, and the functions you will need to be aware of when working with those looking to lose weight.
- Module 10: The Day of Competition
This module will present guidelines and suggestions for actions that athletes can take on the day of competition, and how food can help or hinder their potential.
- Module 11: Replacing Nutrients After Competition
This module explains the various methods that an athlete can do to enhance their diet, and quickly regain the nutrients lost during a strenuous sporting event.
|Sports Nutrition Course|
|Module 01: Introduction to Nutrition||00:14:00|
|Module 02: The Role of Nutritionist||00:20:00|
|Module 03: The Digestive System||00:19:00|
|Module 04: Nutrients for Life – Macronutrients||00:18:00|
|Module 05: Nutrients for Life – Micronutrients||00:18:00|
|Module 06: Nutrition Requirements for Adults and Various Groups||00:17:00|
|Module 07: Healthy Dieting||00:18:00|
|Module 08: Weight Control Management||00:15:00|
|Module 09: Weight Loss Management||00:18:00|
|Module 10: The Day of Competition||00:16:00|
|Module 11: Replacing Nutrients After Competition||00:08:00|
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
for any questions
Set your own speed
Enjoy first month free
Start for free