Video Production Online Course with Editing
- Learn how to prepare for filming, from choosing a topic to creating an outline and choosing
your shooting environment.
- Study how to create simple videos that avoid complexity and get to know all of your camera
- Discover tips and tricks for filming, such as keeping a video diary and shooting exercises.
- Consider shooting setups from single to multiple cameras and edit your videos with B-rolls
and Jump Cuts.
- Learn how to fix any mistakes with tips and tricks to avoid nerves while shooting.
- Study the pros and cons of 4K video vs HD. Learn about importing, storage and backing up your data.
- Discover both mobile and computer editing software and learn tips for how to find music that you are allowed to use.
- There are no assignments for this course, simply complete the video tutorials and request your certificate.
In these videos, you will learn five different methods for how you can improve your videos in post-production. You will cover preparation, filming, importing, editing, and publishing.
- Preparation. How to Choose Your Topic
In this section, you will learn how to prepare before you start the actual filming of your project.
- Creating Outline of Your Video
This is the pre-production of your video, from writing scripts to making mind maps.
- Choosing Shooting Environment
This video talks about the pros and cons of shooting inside vs outside.
- Complexity of Your Videos – How Not to Get Overwhelmed
Some videos are complex, they can take a lot of work. Here are some tips to keep your videos simple.
- Video Equipment – Camera, Tripod, Cards, Computer, Etc
Equipment is very important in filming, this lecture covers three main components: your camera, lights, and sound.
- Filming. Video Diaries & Shooting Exercises
This video lecture covers several tips and tricks while filming, such as video diaries and shooting exercises.
- Creating Screencasts
Often in your videos, you need to record your computer screen, this video covers the software needed and how to add keystroke popups.
- Camera Work – Different Setups
Learn about camera work from a single camera setup to multiple cameras. Use Jump cuts and B-roll to make your videos more interesting.
- Your Filming Checklist – What You Shouldn’t Forget
Checklists are very important before you start shooting, while you are shooting and after the shoot. Here are the main tips for what you need to remember.
- Filming in Parts
Do not be nervous while shooting, you cannot make mistakes, you can reshoot or edit it out later.
- Plan B – What to Do If Everything Goes Wrong
Here are three simple tips to fix any mistakes in post-production.
- 4K vs 1080p – Pros and Cons
The 4K video is four times bigger than HD so takes much more processing power and can be slow on your computer. Learn how to create proxies to make smaller files.
- Importing, Storage & Backup
A step-by-step guide to importing and storing your video files with memory card tips.
- Editing Software
An introduction to the free and powerful Davinci Resolve video editing software.
- Editing Diary
A video diary is crucial for big projects that will take you a few days to finish, you must write down everything important to help you keep track of your place when editing.
- Editing on the Go
The tutor recommends mobile software to edit videos when you cannot access your computer.
- Content Libraries – Where to Find Music, Images, Graphics
Music is the toughest part of video editing, here are some tips to find music that is not copyrighted quickly.
- Render & Export
Rendering is one of the most important parts of your post-production. Here are some tips to make sure your final output is high quality.
|Section 01: Preparation for Filming|
|Preparation. How to Choose Your Topic||00:06:00|
|Creating Outline of Your Video||00:09:00|
|Choosing Shooting Environment||00:07:00|
|Complexity of Your Videos – How Not To Get Overwhelmed||00:05:00|
|Video Equipment – Camera, Tripod, Cards, Computer, Etc||00:13:00|
|Section 02: Filming Your Videos|
|Filming. Video Diaries & Shooting Exercises||00:04:00|
|Camera Work – Different Setups||00:06:00|
|Your Filming Checklist – What You Shouldn’t Forget||00:03:00|
|Filming in Parts||00:03:00|
|Plan B – What to Do If Everything Goes Wrong||00:03:00|
|4K vs 1080p – Pros and Cons||00:03:00|
|Section 03: Importing, Storage & Backup|
|Importing, Storage & Backup||00:10:00|
|Section 04: Editing|
|Editing On the Go||00:02:00|
|Content Libraries – Where to Find Music, Images, Graphics||00:07:00|
|Section 05: Exporting, Publishing & Uploading|
|Render & Export||00:07:00|