Mobile Photography Course Online Overview:
- Learn how cameras work, from Aperture to Shutter Speed, ISO and the Exposure Triangle. Study Lights & Filters, White Balance and Resolution with video lessons.
- Discover some capabilities and limitations of your Smartphone Camera vs a DSLR.
- Get the most out of your Smartphone Camera with these video demos covering Exposure, Low Light, and Depth of Field.
- Become a Pro with a comprehensive list of mobile phone camera accessories.
- Discover how to use Portrait mode on your smartphone to achieve a shallow Depth of Field with a video guide.
- You will be graded on an assignment of questions that you can complete at your leisure to receive your certificate.
- How Does a Camera Work?
It is important to understand the parts of a camera and how they work before you start.
The aperture is the opening inside your camera lens that lets in light. Learn how this works with this video tutorial.
- Shutter Speed
The shutter speed is how much time that light is let into the camera. Learn more about this, including fractions and shooting moving objects, with this video lecture.
ISO is basically the sensitivity of your camera’s sensor. The higher the ISO number the more sensitive it is. Learn about how to brighten up your images with ISO.
- Exposure Triangle
Study how to combine all three settings to set the exposure you want in your image.
- Lights & Filters
Learn how to increase exposure by adding more light. Or you can use filters to cut down light in settings that are too bright.
- White Balance
The White Balance setting adjusts depending on the Colour Temperature which is like a scale from cool to warm light. Learn how to get the most out of this setting with this lesson.
- Photo Resolution & Quality
Typically, the higher the resolution, the higher the pixels, and this improves the quality and sharpness of the image. Study pixels and sensors with this video.
- Intro to Mobile Photography
Smartphone photography has come a long way, we see a wide range of really advanced sensors, lenses, and portrait mode with settings that mimic the shallow depth of field of more expensive cameras.
- Using a Smartphone Camera
Discover some capabilities and limitations of your Smartphone Camera vs a DSLR.
- Exposing Properly with the Smartphone Camera
For the most part, phones are automatic, but you can change the exposure manually with the help of this video demonstration.
- Tips for Shooting with Your Mobile Camera
These tips include composition, depth of field, exposure tips and even photographing at night.
- Shooting in Low Light with a Smartphone
Study how to improve your low light shots with this video lesson and demo, from adjusting exposure to using flash or a tripod.
- Mobile Camera Accessories
Discover the variety of accessories that can assist with your mobile photography.
- Using Portrait Mode
Learn how to create a shallow Depth of Field look where the object in the foreground is in focus but the background is blurred.
|How Does a Camera Work||00:01:00|
|Lights & Filters||00:03:00|
|Photo Resolution & Quality||00:03:00|
|Intro to Mobile Photography||00:02:00|
|Using a Smartphone Camera||00:03:00|
|Exposing Properly With the Smartphone Camera||00:01:00|
|Tips for Shooting With Your Mobile Camera||00:04:00|
|Shooting in Low Light With a Smartphone||00:07:00|
|Mobile Camera Accessories||00:02:00|
|Using Portrait Mode||00:03:00|
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
for any questions
Set your own speed
Enjoy first month free
Start for free