Online Nutrition Certification Course
- Learn about the definitions of nutrition, its importance, diet components and dietary patterns.
- Understand micronutrients and macronutrients. Learn how to plan a diet that is varied and healthy.
- Study eating disorders and diet-related diseases. Learn how the right type of nutrition can actually treat illnesses.
- Discover the techniques to manage weight and lose weight with these in-depth video lectures.
- Learn the ins and outs of one of the most popular diets around today, the ketogenic diet.
- You will be graded on an assignment that you can complete at your leisure in order to receive your certificate.
- Module 01: Introduction to Nutrition
In this module, you are going to be introduced to the principles of nutrition such as definitions of nutrition, the importance of nutrition, what we eat, diet components, and dietary patterns in the UK.
- Module 02: Nutrients for Life – Macronutrients
Diets are composed of two types of nutrients, macronutrients, and micronutrients. There are three main types of macronutrients: proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
- Module 03: Micronutrients
Micronutrients are made up of Vitamins, Minerals and Trace Elements. These are nutrients that function as coenzymes or cofactors, vital to keep the metabolic functions of our body working.
- Module 04: Healthy Dieting
In this module, we will be looking at which foods to choose, in what amount, and how to plan a diet that is varied and healthy, in order to maintain a healthy diet.
- Module 05: Eating Disorders
Eating disorders are mental illnesses that manifest themselves through food, be it the restriction of food intake, eating large quantities, vomiting food just eaten, excessive exercise, or a combination of these.
- Module 06: Diet and Nutrition Related Diseases
In this module, we will look more in-depth at some of the diseases that can arise in those with unhealthy diets and poor nutritional balances.
- Module 07: Use of Nutrition in Different Illnesses/Diseases
In this module, we will take a look at some of the ways in which nutrition can be a positive in the treatment of illnesses and diseases.
- Module 08: Weight Control Management
In this module, we are going to look at how to manage weight, and lifestyle elements, calorie intake amounts, and dietary balances that help control weight and remain healthy.
- Module 09: Weight Loss Management
In this module, we will look more closely into the science and psychology behind weight loss, and the functions you will need to be aware of when working with those looking to lose weight.
- Module 10: Basics of Ketogenic Diet
In this module, you will learn the ins and outs of one of the most popular diets around today, the ketogenic diet.
|Module 01: Introduction to Nutrition||00:14:00|
|Module 02: Nutrients for Life – Nutrients for Life Macronutrients||00:18:00|
|Module 03: Micronutrients||00:18:00|
|Module 04: Healthy Dieting||00:18:00|
|Module 05: Eating Disorders||00:20:00|
|Module 06: Diet and Nutrition Related Diseases||00:19:00|
|Module 07: Use of Nutrition in Different Illnesses/Diseases||00:21:00|
|Module 08: Weight Control Management||00:15:00|
|Module 09: Weight Loss Management||00:18:00|
|Module 10: Basics of Ketogenic Diet||00:24:00|