Bookkeeping & Accounting Course Online
- You will get guidance with how to organise your physical paperwork and look at IT systems as well.
- Understand the principles of bookkeeping with some history, from double entry to petty cash to certain types of ledgers.
- Learn how to prepare a trial balance and how that works.
- Study Nominal accounts and Coding Classes.
- Get to know the terminology – Assets, income, Liabilities and Expenses.
- You will learn how to make a Profit & Loss account and Balance Sheet.
- You will be tested on a short assignment which you can complete at your leisure to get your certificate.
An introduction to the course and the topics that will be covered, from physical paperwork to the history of bookkeeping.
- Manual System
This module looks at organising paper records into one shelf comprising of an IN tray, 5 folders and a box file.
- Computerised Systems
It is worth being aware of what is out there, this includes Excel spreadsheets, Sage Line 50, Quick Books, MYOB, Kash Flow and Xero.
- How it Fits Together
This module covers a brief history of bookkeeping. Learn about the principles of Double Entry and the Books of Prime Entry.
- Bookkeeping Basics
In this module, we will cover the key aspects of bookkeeping: we will introduce you to the language of bookkeeping, familiarise you with how bookkeepers manage the accounting cycle and show you how to understand the more complex type of bookkeeping – double-entry bookkeeping.
In this lecture, we will analyse further the different ledgers from the sales ledger, the purchase ledger and the petty cash book.
- Trial Balance and Coding
With bookkeeping, once all the ledgers have been done, you take the totals or balances of the accounts and make a Trial Balance sheet.
- PNL Account and Balance Sheet
Learn how to produce the Profit and Loss Account and the Balance Sheet.
- AILE Personal
Discover how to use accounting terminology such as assets, income, liabilities and expenses for your own personal files.
|Introduction to the course|
|Introduction to Bookkeeping|
|Introduction to Bookkeeping||00:15:00|
|How it Fits Together||00:08:00|
|Basics of Bookkeeping|
|The functionality of bookkeeping|
|Trial Balance and Coding||00:10:00|
|PNL Account and Balance Sheet||00:04:00|
|On a personal note|