Adobe Illustrator Training Course Overview
- Get a quick crash course to get you started with Adobe Illustrator.
- Learn how to find good copyright-free images to trace in your illustrations.
- Understand how to place your image in Illustrator and get to know the optimum brush settings that will allow you to trace the image.
- Discover three ways to colour in your image with Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Study how to save and optimise your files in different formats using Illustrator or Photoshop.
- There are no assignments or exams for this course, simply complete the video walkthroughs to receive your certificate.
- Welcome! Introduction to this Illustrator Course
This course will help you make original, custom illustrations in just a matter of minutes that look professional and can be used online, in videos and animations or for print purposes such as posters, letterheads, even t-shirts or other products.
- New to Adobe Illustrator? Here’s the crash course to get you started.
This video walkthrough is for people who have never used Adobe Illustrator before. Get the grand tour, get to know your tools and windows in the interface.
- Important Copyright Issues You Need to Know & Choosing a Photo as a Guide
The first thing we need for this project is a good photo that we can trace over and turn into an illustration. Here is how to find copyright-free images.
- Placing your photo as a guide in illustrator
Once you have the photo that you are going to use, now we are going to place it into Illustrator and use it as a guide.
- Setting up your brush and making a “Drawing” layer in Illustrator
Now that your image has been placed, it is time to make another layer to draw a black and white line drawing over the photograph. Get to know your brush settings with this video walkthrough.
- Draw the Black and White Line Drawing in Illustrator
Get some drawing tips for illustrating your image such as using a drawing pad or changing your brush size.
- Pause Here to Learn How to Save Properly and Save Yourself Pain and Suffering
It is important to save your work properly as things can go wrong. Save files in more than one place in case your hard drive gets corrupt.
- Adding Color: Option #1. Coloring With the Brush Tools in Illustrator
Now we will colour in our image with the brush tools. Get some tips for colouring in with this video walkthrough.
- Adding Color: Option #2. Use The Live Paint Bucket Tool in Illustrator
Learn another way to colour in with the Live Paint Bucket tool. This can be harder to control so see which way you prefer.
- Adding Color: Option #3. Cheat and Go Color It In Photoshop
Learn how to save your file for use in Photoshop. Colouring in can be a lot simpler in Photoshop.
- Saving a Final Web Version in Illustrator
If you want to save this for the Web, change the colour settings to RGB mode first. Learn the optimum settings for saving for the Web.
- Saving a Final Web Version in Adobe Photoshop
Learn about the different formats you can save your files as in Photoshop and how to optimise them.
|Welcome! Introduction to this Illustrator Course||00:02:00|
|New to Adobe Illustrator? Here’s the Crash Course to Get You Started.||00:06:00|
|Getting Set Up: All About Copyright Issues and Using Photos in Your Projects|
|Important Copyright Issues You Need to Know & Choosing a Photo as a Guide||00:06:00|
|Let's Do IT! Make a Custom Illustration in Adobe Illustrator|
|Placing Your Photo as a Guide in Illustrator||00:03:00|
|Setting Up Your Brush and Making a “Drawing” Layer in Illustrator||00:04:00|
|Draw the Black and White Line Drawing in Illustrator||00:03:00|
|Pause Here to Learn How to Save Properly and Save Yourself Pain and Suffering||00:04:00|
|Adding Color: Option #1. Coloring With the Brush Tools in Illustrator||00:04:00|
|Adding Color: Option #2. Use The Live Paint Bucket Tool in Illustrator||00:03:00|
|Adding Color: Option #3. Cheat and Go Color It In Photoshop||00:05:00|
|Saving a Final Web Version in Illustrator||00:04:00|
|Saving a Final Web Version in Adobe Photoshop||00:02:00|