Human Body is an excellent creation of the creator. You will be highly amazed if you study the human anatomy or facts. Here are some examples:
The Golden Ratio:
If you read the bestselling book the “Da Vinci Code” by Dan Brown, you can remember the concept of “The Golden Ratio”. According to the concept, you will find the Divine ration PHI 1.618 throughout the design of the universe. Such as the ratio of your forearm to hand is 1.618, even your foot has the ratio of PHI in several areas. The ratio of the sun flower seeds rotation’s diameter to another is PHI.
In Robert Langdon’s word:
“The ratio of each nautilus spiral’s diameter to the next is 1.618.
If you divide the number of female bees by the number of male bees in any beehive in the world, you always get the same number… 1.618.
. . . Measure the distance from your shoulder to your fingertips, and then divide it by the distance from your elbow to your fingertips. PHI again. Another? Hip to floor divided by knee to floor. PHI again. Finger Joints. Toes. Spinal divisions. PHI. PHI. PHI. Each of us is a walking tribute to PHI, the Divine Proportion.”
Here are some other interesting facts about the human body:
- If the DNA of a human body is uncoiled, it will stretch 10 million miles, from earth to Pluto and back.
- The 50% of hand’s strength is occupied by the little finger.
- Only human being can show blush.
- The strongest muscle in the body is the human tongue.
- There are 37 trillion cells in our body.
- Human sheds about 600,000 particles of skin in every hour or about 1.5 pounds every year. So, if you die at the age of 70, you will lose 150 pounds of skin.
- In your lifetime, you will possess 100,000 pounds of food.
- Humans spend approximately five years of their lives eating.
- Adult spent 33% time in sleep while a python spends 75% and a dog spends 44%.
- There are five pounds of bacteria in a person’s digestive system.
- If you spread out an adult human’s brain, it would be about the size of a pillowcase.
- Your middle finger or nail grows faster than other fingernails.
- The average life-span of human hair is there for seven years.
- Women’s hearts beat faster than men’s.
- Women blink twice as many times as men do.
- Male has about 6.8 litres of blood in the body while women have approximately 5 litres.
- You will not be able to taste any food if your saliva cannot be able to mix with food.
- Everyone has a unique smell, unique fingerprint and unique tongue print.
- The size of eye will remain same from birth to death, but your nose and ears never stop growing
- The hardest bone in the human body is the jawbone.
- Humans are the only species that produce emotional tears.
- All babies are colour blind at birth; they see only black and white.
- You can survive 20 days without eating but cannot survive more than two days without drinking.
- The largest bone in the human body is the femur.
- The largest cell in the body is the female egg, and the smallest is the male sperm.
- The largest organ of the body is your skin.
- Gluteus maximus is the largest muscle in the body.
Word Origin of Your Body:
- The word “organ” comes from an old Greek word, organon,which means “tool” or “instrument.”
- The word “muscle” derived from the Latin word musculus, or “little mouse.” The Roman people thought a flexing muscle looked like a mouse moving under the skin.
- The word “blood” is from the PIE root “bhlo-“, that means “that which bursts out.” This root is also related to “bloma,” (flower), which also “blossoms” outward.